This event will summarise and review the progress of the project groups
identified by the November 'Delivering a step-change in productivity via
packaging engineering' event.
Following the successful packaging workshop in 2015 - we want to take things a
step further! We have identified a number of potential projects that will
from industry coming together to find innovative engineering solutions:
- Sensors for ‘smart’ monitoring: Enable knowledge based control of processes in real time, interacting with
machinery or prompting action by operators.
- Flexible production: Improve flexibility of lines to reduce changeover times between
packaging/production runs for different formats to save time, floor space and
- Smart packaging: To reduce consumer waste via use of sensors/detectors.
- Sustainable packaging: Develop packaging technology to prolong shelf life and reduce waste.
- Delivering consumer benefits 'in the kitchen.'
Each workshop will bring together leading practitioners in packaging engineering
within the food industry, including food manufacturers and machinery suppliers,
to establish a collaborative forum and network of experts, supported by leading
academics in the field. These are free events and will take place at Sheffield
Hallam University, unless otherwise stated.
Your input is critical to making this process a success - we very much look
forward to working with you. To register your interest, please use the links
provided or RSVP with the workshop title(s) to Lexine.King@fdf.org.uk
Organiser: Lexine King, 020 7420 7135, email@example.com