Reformulation - case studies
Industry case studies featured in our Recipe for Change' report.
- Apetito - apetito's reformulation programme has been in place since 2005.
- Baxters Food Group - The average salt content of Baxters soups is now approximately 50% that of
- Britvic Soft Drinks - Britvic's successful adult juice drink J20 now has on average 11% less sugar
and no added sweeteners.
- Kellogg's - Kellogg's has had an active salt reduction programme in place since 1998.
- Kingsmill - An estimated 60 tonnes of salt has been removed from the Kingsmill range.
- Kraft Foods - Dairylea's reformulation
programme began in 2002.
- Mars Food UK - To date a reduction of up to 35% in salt has been achieved across Dolmio,
Uncle Ben's and Seeds of Change sauces.
- McCain - Added salt levels have been reduced by more than 20% and saturated fat levels
by more than 70%.
- Macphie of Glenbervie - To date 250 tonnes of salt and 340 tonnes of fat have been removed from the
- Nairns - A 56% reduction in salt has
been achieved on the back of new equipment and baking profiles.
- Nestlé - Nestlé invests 1.9bn Swiss
Francs every year in research and development.
- PepsiCo - 40,000 tonnes of saturated fat and 2,400 tonnes of salt have been removed
from the Walkers range.
- Premier Foods - Significant reductions in sugar (up to by 49%) and saturated fat (up to by
47%) have been achieved with the development of Delightful.
- United Biscuits - The reformulation of the
McVitie's range builds on the saturated fat reduction programme in place since
- Unilever - 30,000 tonnes of trans fat, 27,000 tonnes of sugars, 12,500 tonnes of
saturated fat and 3,500 tonnes of sodium have been removed from across the
- Young's Seafood - A total of 21
different products have been redeveloped across four processing lines.