Macphie of Glenbervie
“Macphie is renowned for the passion of
its people. As well as ensuring the health
and general well-being of our team, it is
important to us that we reward staff for their
hard work and loyalty.”
Alastair Macphie, Chief Executive
Macphie is the UK's leading family
owned food ingredients manufacturer
located on a beautiful estate. The
health, safety and well-being of its
staff are high on the agenda for Chief
Executive Alastair Macphie.
encourages its staff to lead more
active lifestyles and volunteer their
time locally. The company does this
by covering entrance fees for sporting
events, providing opportunities for
staff to work with local schools, and
providing regular personal development
It also maintains
a culture of learning and is seen as
a model of excellence in the field of
training and development. The modern
Glenbervie Centre is a great hub for
everyone in the company and houses
a staff restaurant, coffee bar, Learning
Centre, occupational health suite,
Visitor Centre and meeting rooms.
Monthly occupational health clinics
provide advice on health and fitness. At
Christmas the directors serve lunch to
- Macphie has one of the lowest staff turnovers in the industry. Since being
awarded the Investors in People standard in 1999 Macphie is now recognised as
- In 2011, twenty per cent of staff received Project Management training and ten
per cent undertook Leadership training.
- Last year, staff nominated Alzheimer Scotland as their Charity of the Year
raising £6,000 through social events and sporting challenges.
- We supported the MacMillan Coffee Morning by donating products as well as
supporting the FareShare charity to help the homeless.
- In five years, Macphie has supported almost 700 local charities and groups with
cash or product donations.
Back to index