Opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join the FDF within the Membership & Commercial team. The role will focus principally on identifying and establishing food sector group opportunities, recruiting and retaining members and providing advice to members on wider food industry areas.
Job Type Permanent, 3 days per week
Location Central London (Bloomsbury)
Salary Competitive, with excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
Hours 21 hours per week; hybrid working option (minimum 60% of time in the office)
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying and setting up of new sector groups in specialist food sector areas. Identifying members to invite and developing prospect lists and undertaking recruitment activity for non-members
- Work with colleagues from the FDF Food Safety team and FDF Association and Groups teams to support these specialist groups
- Targeted membership recruitment activity
- Providing advice and guidance to members
- Working with colleagues across FDF to ensure that members are engaged
- Creating website content, including microblogs
- Supporting the Membership & Commercial team with events
- Knowledge of the food and drink industry
- Relevant experience in industry, trade association or similar organisation is desirable
- Experience working in the food industry is desirable
- Responsible self-starter
- Interest in developing commercial skills
- Good administrative ability and able to manage a diverse workload and a wide range of issues
- Good ability to sustain a range of working relationships
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- IT literate with experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
How to Apply
We’d love to hear from you, if you think your experience and skillset are suited to the role.
Please send us your CV, covering letter and salary expectations illustrating why you’d be a great candidate to email@example.com
The FDF operates as an equal opportunities employer
We believe in equal opportunities for everyone and we won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion or beliefs, age, or disability. We are happy to discuss flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly. If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment team.
The Food and Drink Federation (FDF) is the convenor, adviser and voice of the UK food & drink industry, the largest manufacturing sector in the country.