A great opportunity for a motivated Finance Executive looking for a part time role to join the largest and most influential food and drink trade body in the UK.
Job Type Part time, permament
Location Central London (Bloomsbury)
Salary up to £33k pro-rata, with excellent benefits including 25 days holiday pro-rata, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
Hours 21 hours per week; hybrid working option
Are you an experienced Finance Executive looking for a part-time opportunity? The Food and Drink Federation is seeking a part-time finance professional to join our Corporate Services team.
As a Finance Executive, you will report to the Finance Manager and be responsible for maintaining the FDF payments and sales systems, processing financial transactions for several associations, preparing management accounts within agreed timelines, completing statutory submissions.
Requirements for the Finance Executive
- experience with finance packages and purchase order systems is essential, Dimensions and FocalPoint would be highly desirable
- experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- strong organisational skills
- to be numerate with an analytical mind
- have an understanding of accounts and banking procedures
- be a good communicator, diligent
- have a good attention to detail
The ideal candidate will have A-Levels or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline, as well as an AAT qualification. Experience working for a trade association or similar member-led organisation would be desirable, and we encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Responsibilities for the Finance Executive
- process sales and purchase ledger invoices and credit notes using Finance packages
- prepare quarterly management accounts for review by the Finance Manager
- assist with the annual audit
- prepare and submit VAT and Corporation Tax returns
- identify areas for improving existing systems and processes
- be responsible for maintaining customer and supplier records
- reconciling and closing ledgers each month
- providing monthly data for Finance Team KPI's
- update the weekly cashflow forecast
- provide support for project work and testing of any new systems
We’re based in the heart of central London in a modern, bright open-plan office. We have a friendly work culture with great break-out spaces, quiet booths and opportunities for flexible-working. Our ‘Feel Good for Life’ team regularly organises events and activities to promote positive health and wellbeing.
If you are looking for a Finance Executive part-time role with a dynamic and inclusive organisation, we look forward to hearing from you!
We embrace diversity and welcome applicants from all walks of life, and we are happy to discuss flexible and agile approaches to working.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment team.
To apply, please send us your CV and salary expectations illustrating why you’d be a great candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4 July 2023, 5:30pm;
Due to the high number of applications, unfortunately we are unable to get back to everyone. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
The Food and Drink Federation (FDF) is the convenor, adviser and voice of the UK food & drink industry, the largest manufacturing sector in the country.