Why join FDF?
FDF is the trade association protecting the interests of food and drink manufacturers of all sizes.
How is FDF different?
- The first port of call for Government on any issue relating to food
- The champion of our industry
- The place industry can come together safely to tackle critical issues
- An indispensable hub of information
- A unique source of support for business
We offer expert technical advice, early insights into issues impacting the
industry and practical opportunities to develop business.
Great reasons to join FDF
- Technical/regulatory tasks can effectively be outsourced to FDF as our teams
work behind the scenes to keep your products on shelves
- We help you deal with challenging media issues - we will always take the lead
on industry crisis management acting as the wave breaker when bad news could
damage individual companies
- Access to FDF experts
- Exclusive networking opportunities and discounts on events and essential
- Opportunities to meet senior retail buyers at our Sales Directors' Forum
- Tap into our extensive links in Westminster, Holyrood and Brussels
- Ensure your voice is heard on important issues affecting food and drink
- Take advantage of partner offers on services, information and other events
How FDF membership can help
Case study: Saving on recipe reformulation costs
Combatting obesity by reducing salt, calories and saturates in products is a key
aim of Government. However, not all companies have access to specialist advice
to help them do this. Working with Scottish Government funding, we have helped
member companies to reformulate recipes so that products still appeal to
as well as being healthier.
View all reformulation success stories
We run a series of FDF / SFDF events. Some events, such as the Sales Directors' Forum are exclusive to FDF and SFDF
members whilst there discounted rates for our other events.
Supplying the industry with skilled staff
FDF embraces the difficult challenges our industry faces and actively develops
industry solutions. We know we have a challenge with attracting highly skilled
staff and that we need 170,000 new recruits to our industry by 2020. To support
this we have developed a number of initiatives:
- Our Taste Success campaign encourages young people to enter our industry through an online campaign and a
significant presence at the Big Bang careers fair.
- In 2014 we launched an MEng food engineering degree in partnership with Sheffield Hallam University to train a new generation of
specialist food and drink engineers.
- This will be complemented by a world-class National Centre of Excellence in Sheffield to ensure our sector benefits from leading-edge technology in
- We launched a successful commitment to double industry apprenticeships.
Applying for FDF membership
Our membership team will be happy to answer any questions that you
have on 020 7420 7208 or email email@example.com
View Frequently Asked Questions
See our list of current FDF members