Scottish Centre for Food Development and Innovation (SCFDI) based at Queen Margaret University was established in 2014 in response to demand from Scotland's food and drink industry for combined R&D and innovation space to support the rapidly expanding sector.
In particular, through our practical innovation support and creative business solutions we can help food and drink companies of all sizes with:
- Innovative industry focused product development from small to large projects
- Reformulation of existing products for health, sustainability, ingredient procurement or cost reduction
- Consumer testing and sensory analysis on any type of food or drink product à useful for testing out reformulation, benchmarking against competitors, sensory profiling and quality control
- Food industry focused training sessions, bespoke options available
- Food product expertise on:
- Formulations and ingredient functionality
- Product methodology and process
- Ingredient & product costing;
- Product labelling – nutrition, ingredient declaration
- Allergen advice
- Scaling up from kitchen to manufacturing
- Industry access to our technical analysis suite with an ever expanding range of lab scale assessment equipment
- Industry access to pilot scale product development room
Funding/grant assistance may be available to SMEs for innovation projects, the SCFDI can provide guidance on how to apply.
To receive our brochure or to set up a free no obligation consultation please contact us today; HelloSCFDI@qmu.ac.uk.
Special offer to FDF members
Queen Margaret University offers FDF members a 20% reduction in the cost of conference/meeting room hire at the University. Members should use the discount code SFDF