Building awareness of the wide range of career opportunities available within our sector is a key step to ensure a strong pipeline of workers for years to come. Many of our members engage with a number of different careers-focused initiatives nationally or in their local area. If you are looking to start engaging in this area, or expand the work you are doing, the FDF can help guide you through the process.
Food and Drink Careers Passport
The Food and Drink Careers Passport from the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink is your passport to all the essential knowledge you need for working in UK Food & Drink Manufacturing.
Developed in partnership with the Food and Drink Federation and major food and drink manufacturing businesses, the Food and Drink Careers Passport is an employability tool which provides jobseekers in England and Wales the opportunity to gain pre-entry training and accreditation in four essential food safety and compliance courses, all endorsed by Food Safety and HACCP.
Early Careers Support
- Love Food Science teaching resources
- Project Inspire Careers maps for technical food roles
- School partnerships
- Volunteering opportunities
- Support for students, parents and teachers to educate on careers in food and drink.
- Developed Employer Standards to help employer focus their work with school and colleges.
Continuing Professional Development
- Free courses for industry professionals to build their skills.
- Offers CPD standards and learning activities.
- Support for professional recognition and improvement across a range of career development pathways.