Ambition 2025: Progress report 2021
10 March 2022
In 2020, the Food and Drink Federation (FDF) and our members achieved the target of reducing CO2 emissions set in the Ambition 2025 commitment – five years earlier than planned. In 2021 we set our sights even higher.
- Environmental sustainability
- Ambition 2025
- Food waste
- Climate change & net zero
- Plastics & packaging
- Alongside contending with an international pandemic and the resulting supply chain issues, our members continued to reduce their CO2 emissions – now down 58% since 1990 – and have slashed water consumption by 39.4%, successfully contributing to an industry-wide target to reduce water use by 20% by 2020 compared to 2007.
- This year, the FDF has stepped up its engagement with the UK and devolved governments to drive sustainability, with packaging reform and decarbonisation at its heart.
- The FDF and our members will continue to advocate for a robust food chain that is fit for the future and to work with government to deliver positive environmental outcomes.